HOW & WHY MEMBERSHIP WORKS
The Maine Made Program, created over thirty years ago via State rule-making, is the marketing link between Maine producers of consumer goods and the consumer.
By offering trade show support, technical assistance, and various promotional activities through membership, Maine artisans and makers are able to explore new markets and expand their entrepreneurial pursuits.
The Maine Made logo, available for member usage, is recognized nationally as representing high quality products created by reliable producers. Through a juried review process, the program has grown rapidly over the years; promoting a multitude of products across a wide range of categories.
Read more about Program Benefits and use our Self-Assessment checklist to verify that you’re ready to apply at the bottom of this page.
“Wonderful artisans here! Such talent and quality products.” Diane D.
“Love Maine Made – So supportive for local businesses!” Tori Anna D.
“I’m learning so much about Maine businesses through this site–thanks for what you do!” Mary C.
Our Newest Members
- Scholarship opportunities for first time exhibitors at the annual New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show.
- Co-op show opportunities with special booth pricing.
- Access to a network of over 2,100 Maine Businesses
- Monthly newsletter subscription featuring workshop information, show information, resource information and member announcements.
- Maine Made member’s jury fee is waived when applying to Maine Crafts Association.
- Maine Made branding materials, including: logo, banners, flags, labels, rack cards, and tags.
- Product display opportunities at our kiosk located at the State Office Building.
- Rack card placement at the State Office Building.
- Participation in our referral program – where your products are introduced to other state agencies, buyers, and other interested parties who are looking for certain products for gifts and promotions.
- A listing on the Maine Made web site is available as an automatic member benefit to any member who wishes their contact information to be viewable on-line.
- Educational seminars and workshops are offered through the Small Business Development Centers (SBDC), Maine International Trade Center (MITC), and other partner agencies. Maine Made members may receive discounted/no cost participation.
- No annual dues or fees; a one-time set-up fee will be assessed upon acceptance into the program.
ARE YOU READY TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP?
Use this self-assessment tool to determine if you, your business and your product are a good match for the Maine Made Program.
- My product is made in Maine and I live in Maine at least 8 months during a calendar year.
- My product is made (or composed of components I have made) using craft/art methods
- Artwork featured on my product(s) is my own original design
- I have sold my product to customers beyond my friends and family
- I have been in business at least three years
- I have an email associated with my business
- I have a website
- My products are available to purchase online
- I consign my product(s) with other retailers
- I wholesale my products with other retailers
- The cost of one of my product(s) is the same anywhere a customer buys it (i.e. my studio, a gallery, a craft show, the farmer’s market, online), with the exception of seconds or a special sale or promotion
- The gross sales from my product exceeded $3,000 last year
- I have a bank account associated with my business name
- I have high quality images of my product(s)
- I have marketing materials such as: business cards, brochures, catalogs, postcards
- My products have a warranty, guarantee or statement of quality